Hey, look at this store!
There's movies galore!
We've seen 'em a thousand times over before
And that's why our brains don't work anymore!"- The Animaniacs

Welcome to Matthew Griffith Cinematography. I am an obsessive cinema fan, I have been a filmmaker for 10 years. Here I will keep you up to date on what I am doing in the film buz. I want to share/ Convert you too/ shove down your throat all of the things that Inspire me/drive me/ frustrate me/thrill me about Cinema. Enjoy!

Griff

Friday, August 20, 2010

Where ever you go, there you are.

This week I find myself in a wonderfully creative space. I have been editing a really fun piece at work that has been very well received and I started story boarding my plans for our Big Sur video for this September’s camping trip. This week I wanted to share with you the main inspiration for these family videos and I will also re-post the Big Sur video from last year.

Sometime last year, in late spring, early summer I stumbled upon a few commercials directed by, Bruno Aveillan. http://www.quad.fr/commercials/directors/bruno-aveillan/ . He blew me away! His imagery was breath taking and they inspired me to creat a project that would intimately convey my love for my wife Carrie, my son Adden, and the outdoors. One of the things I love and hate about art is that no matter who inspires you or what you are trying to emulate, in the end you are you and your style, and abilities come through in the end. I think that the mood I am in right now loves this fact more than my ego hates it.

One of my favorite Bruno Aveillan pieces is a commercial he did for Louis Vitton. So I want to share that with you now.

LOUIS VUITTON from Israel Greenshines on Vimeo.


What started out as a "I wish I was Bruno Aveillan" piece took on a life of it own and became a love letter to Carrie, showcasing Carrie and Adden's relationship. Enjoy!

a love letter from Matthew Griffith on Vimeo.


The Song "Hands To Feet" was writen and performed by Matt Hopper

1 comment: